FIRST SERVICE: 21ST MARCH, 2021
Ministering: Pastor Dele Balogun
Text: 1st Thessalonians 4: 13 – 18
Topic: Jesus Christ is coming back again
My father, my father, at your second coming, I will never be ashamed.
It is an indisputable fact that Jesus is coming back again, when He was alive, He categorically said the temple would be destroyed and rebuilt in three days.
John 14: 1-3
There’s no controversy on the coming back of Jesus Christ. Some people do not believe in the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, don’t be carried away. 2nd Peter 3:9.
As Christians get ready, because He will surely come again.
The coming of the Lord is in two phases
Phase 1: The rapture which is a secret occurrence. 1st Thessalonians 4: 13 – 19
Phase 2: Revelation of Christ; Revelation 1: 7
Rapture is a time where believers will be translated, after the rapture has taken place, the anti-Christ shall take over and the tribulation shall be established.
The three(3) schools of thoughts on tribulation
- Pre tribulation: A school of thought where the rapture will take place before the rapture.
- Mid tribulation: A school of thought where the tribulation would have gotten to half stage before Jesus Christ will come.
- Post tribulation: In this school of thought, some people believe that Christ will come after the tribulation.
Rapture is the first phase of the second coming of Jesus Christ; Jesus will appear in the air and in the glory of His father.
Matthew 16: 27
The rapture will be sudden, 1st Corinthians 15: 52
Anyone who misses the rapture will take partake in the tribulation and the tribulation will not be easy.
2nd Thessalonians 1: 8
Christ is coming in a flaming fire. During the rapture; the believers shall be cut up, only those in Christ will hear the trumpet.
1st Thessalonian 4: 17
The believers will enjoy the marriage supper of the lamb while those left behind will face the 7 years tribulation with the anti- Christ.
Those who missed the rapture will partake of the mark of the beast and it will be over for them.
Some Biblical evidences of the second coming of Jesus are:
Acts 1: 9 -11
John 14: 1 -3
Matthew 25: 31
1st Timothy 6: 14
Daniel 7: 13
The interpretation of Daniel’s dream summarizes the world’s history.
- The head of the image was made up of gold
- The chest and the arms of the image were made up of silver
- The belly and thigh of the image were made up of bronze
- The legs were made up of iron
- Feet and toes symbolize partly iron and partly clay
The head of gold represented the Babylonian empire, the kingdom of Miss and Persia came into existence after the collapse of the Babylonian empire. The third empire was the Greece Empire, which represented the kingdom of brass, then after came the Roman Empire; our Lord Jesus was given birth to during the reign of the Roman Empire. After the collapse of the Roman Empire, came the feet and the toes that was a mixture of iron and clay, some people have tried to govern the whole world under one governance but failed. We are in the era of the feet mixed with clay and iron.
Jesus is the chief corner stone; any moment from now, Jesus will come, because that is the next era to come.
Questions for thought
- Are you expecting His coming?
- Do you think He will not come back again?
- If the stone appears today, will you make it?
- Are you genuinely born again?
Prayer: I pray you will not miss the rapture in the name of Jesus.