TOPIC: THE GROWTH MINDSET
TEXT: GENESIS 1:28
God placed a decree of increase and multiplication on the earth. There is a mandate for increase, a mandate for multiplication on the earth
- AN INSIGHT TO GODS AGENDA FOR MULTIPLICATION
- God is honored by the multitude of people in proverbs 14: 28, he said in the multitude of people is the kings honor.
- God desires to fill the face of the earth with his people Isaiah 27:6
- God desires to establish his house as cities and without walls by reason of multitudes Zach 2:4
- The plan and agenda of God is to multiply his people with men like a flock according to Ezekiel 36:37
- God desires to multiply his people so that they are not few Jeremiah 30:19, beer parlors, night clubs, antichrist religion and their places of worship must not have more people than the house
- According to revelation 5;11, we can see steady growth of multitudes in the ministry of Jesus in Matthew 5;1 Jesus moved from multitude to a great multitude in Matthew 8:1 and to a very great multitude according to Matthew 21;8. in Luke 12:1, he moved to an innumerable multitude
- SECRETS OF CHURCH GROWTH
- Alignment with Gods purpose and programmed and multitude: this is where a person comes to god and say “i agree with you that your vision for growth will come to pass with me; Amos 3:3
- Possession of vision for growth and multitude: vision determines possession, according to gen 13:14-15. What man can’t see, god cannot give.
- Prayer and intercession for growth and multitude establishment church growth is a spiritual warfare. Prayer and intercession play a very vital role in church growth Ezekiel 36:37 we dressed but inside they have issues are praying to break the resistance of the gates of hell Matthew 12:29
- The possession of evangelistic passion: passion and compassion to see a multitude saved. Anyone who does not have an evangelistic heart cannot pastor a growing or large church. You must have a heart that wants to see souls saved, and see them saved enmasse in Matthew 9:36-38, Jesus had the same attitude. Passion for people is a magnet of people
- it is the manifestation of the supernatural for the meeting of practical needs: people wants signs, wonders, miracles and healings. People may look gorgeously dressed but inside they have issues they are battling with, they are tired of religion they want reality; they are tired of a profession that lacks power. They are looking for a touch of god Matthew 12:15, 14:14, 15:30,19:1-2, Luke 5:15
- The announcement of the acts of God: as the supernatural happens, let it not happen quietly, Isa. 27:13, 25:26.let it be noised’ psalm 105:1-2, everybody is looking for a ‘come and see’ evidence. Multitudes will come to where there is news of god’s moves.
- Solid word feeding of the flock: the quality of feeding you give the people determines their flourishing and multiplication, Jeremiah 3;15-16, everywhere the word of god is solid multiplication is inevitable in Luke 5:1 ,1 kings 4:24. We must come to the point where people are panting after what they are teaching
- Solid welfare and care of the flock: Jesus was not feeding the five thousand to show power in Matthew 15:32 he displayed a heart for the people who had been with him for 3 days. When the church growth and expansion happened, in acts 6:1-17, they choose people to care for widows and expansion happened in acts 6:1-17
- Aggressive discipleship of the flock is important for growth and increase: the people that come should be made to take root Isaiah 27:6 we are not just to bear fruit but to ensure the fruit but to ensure the fruit remains john 15:16
- The deployment of the membership and workforce into the work of the ministry Deut 32:30, Eccl 4:9, Eph 4:11
How do we deploy people?
- They are deployed to pray for the expansion of the church and salvation of souls and not only for personal needs Matthew 6:23
- They are deployed into rugged aggressive evangelism with tracts and testimony published
- In servicing and establishing new comers. every old member should see newcomers as their responsibility
- The flow of excited praise and worship: Jeremiah 30:19. Appreciation is the fertilizer for multiplication. Joel 1:11-12. The dry land is the portion of the joyless, and of the praise -less
- Establishment of the presence of god in the house: the cloud attracts the crowd, according to exodus 13; 21-25; mark 2;1-2. If don’t have the cloud, don’t expect the crowd
what will bring the cloud
- Financial intergrity
- Not touching what doesnt belong to you
- Moral intergrity
God is passionate about filling up of his house Luke 14; 23. God doesn’t want anybody pastoring an empty house in his name. God is not a waster; he desires that his house may be filled